No Bake Oreo Cake Pops
Cake Pops are all the rage these days. They are generally very easy to make and are also a bit of novelty. These No Bake Oreo Cake Pops redefine the phrase “easy to make”. If you want a no fuss dessert treat to bring to a potluck or school part, I highly recommend this recipe. Anytime you can whip up a delicious dessert without turning on the oven, it is a win-win situation. Give it a try and let me know how it worked out!
No Bake Oreo Cake Pops Ingredients:
- a bag of candy melts
- Oreo Cookies (1 package ~ 50 cookies)
- Coconut and Chocolate Sprinkles for Garnish (you can substitue)
- Cream Cheese (1 softened block)
- lollipop sticks
- wax paper
- 3 – 4 milk chocolate bars
No Bake Oreo Cake Pops Directions:
- Use either a food processor or ziplock bag (hey, it works) to crush the Oreo Cookies. Place the crushed cookies into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the soft cream cheese and mix together completely.
- Place the wax paper on a baking tray or pan.
- Roll the mixture into approximately one inch balls and place on the wax paper.
- Refrigerate the Oreo balls for approximately five minutes.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a small pot.
- Remove the Oreo balls from the refrigerate. Dip the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate so that around a half inch is covered.
- Stick the chocolate covered lollipop stick into the Oreo balls.
- Place everything back into the refrigerator to firm up. This takes about ten to twelve minutes.
- Remove the balls from the refrigerator and dip into the melted chocolate. The balls should be completely covered. If you would like to make the chocolate thinner you can melt in a tiny bit of paraffin wax.
- Before the chocolate hardens add your desired garnish items.
- Allow the Oreo Cake Pops to harden completely. You can speed this up by placing in the refrigerator.
- Serve and Enjoy! Note that the Oreo Cake Pops should be stored in the refrigerator when not being served.